When I found a shortened fuselage in the spare part boxes I got an idea for it. I had used it for testing, so it was in a rough state. I searched the boxes for usable parts an found some new Matchbox wings and the clear parts from the old Airfix Lancaster.
|With a short fuselage I needed to cut down the wings.|
|I wanted a fatter fuselage, so I broke the fuselage apart and added some plastic wedges. The matt part of the new canopy was easily polished, and the shape of the plane is coming along.|
|I found the wings still being too long, so the wing tips was cut off as well.|
|With the wings on I felt happy with the look of it so on with the tedious work with putty and sand paper.|
|The front part of the kit canopy was mated to the Lancaster radome. I was playing with different landing gears but decided that it looked better "in the air" so I mounted it on an old Matchbox stand.|
|I used the decals from the Revell issue of the kit but needed to swap the national insignia for some smaller roundels. As I don't like to waste models this was built.|
|Stockholm September 15, 2017||No updates|