I didn't like the decal variants in the kit, so I searched for something else. At first, I was looking at a Mexican plane
|But I'm not to fond of the propeller eggs so I didn't want to spend time painting. I went for an easy paint job with left over decals.|
|It became a P-47 from Portugal in the end.|
Finally, an egg I could do in Swedish colours.
|Best of all it could be a local plane.|
|F8 wing was based in Stockholm and I had some left-over decals from a Heller Mustang.|
|Three planes with the same Hasegawa Fw190 egg plane as a base.|
The Hasegawa Fw190 egg plane built out of the box.
|It is one of the few propeller planes that I think "work" as an egg plane. Mostly they just get antonymous as the character of them disappear in the egg shape.|
I tried to convert the Hasegawa Focke Wulf 190 into the long nosed 190D but I'm not 100% happy with the outcome. On the other hand, I'm not too fond of the majority of the propeller egg planes. The jet planes work better.
|The nose was lengthened, and some 1/48 scale exhausts added.|
|I had to cut the tail off and add a piece between the parts as well.|
|Large amounts of putty were needed.|
|Well this is the result of all the putty on it.|
|There was of course no other choice than the red underside of the "Papagei Staffel" for it. But it does look more like fat pig than a "Langnase 190".|
With a FW190D built from the Papagei-Staffel that protected the 262's I also wanted a Messerschmitt.
It was probably just wishful thinking but looking at the Focke Wulf’s I thought that I saw a 262 in them, so I got myself a third kit. As this is the FW190 kit it is here even though it ended up as a jet.
|I added a left-over nose from a Roden He111C and smoothed things up with Magic Sculpt. Then the tail was cut off and a piece of plastic tube inserted between the parts and the space between them was filled with plastic strips.|
|I used the wings from a Revell 1/72 Me262 kit, but they need to be deformed a bit to look right. A piece was cut off by the wing tips, but the engines looked a little thin.|
|I found some airliner engines in 1/144 sale that I used to "beef 'em up"|
|The fin was replaced with the 1/72 Me262 fin but I managed to use the stabilisers on another project, so I converted some from a Pzl-23. Lots of filler and sanding was needed but finally I could paint it.|
|I used a mix of decals from a Revell and a Frog Me262.|
|Stockholm August 21, 2018||No updates|